Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man had trouble the first time around with the drivers trim but fixed it up nice...next is crabs and gunna get rid of chrome strips (not sure if im gunna paint or vinyl it). probably get to the rear calipers in a couple weeks as im busy with work for a while...gunna order some 6000k for the fogs to match the lows as well not feelin the yellow anymore

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You have a red car and put yellow calipers? NOOOO!!! I thought that decision would've been easy.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alrightttttt....painted the chrome strips and they came out great but i masked off some of the strip with tape so i gotta touch it up a bit before i post pics. crabs should be here early next week and installed hopefully 30 minutes after they arrive!! i got the itch! just priced out some tinting places...best i've found is $180+tax and it includes a lifetime warranty. anyone whos tinted, is that a fair price? with that, should have tint done within a couple weeks. now that summers here, the mods are just getting done themselves!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lookin for Eagle Eyes in Black in the near future (couple months or so) and also am going to black out the chrome trim around upper grilles when i touch up window trim chrome..

·
iz Jared
201 Posts
That sounds like a fair price to me... When I worked with my cousin he charged 200 for a 4 door with the eyebrow.

Also depends on what tint I think. He used Johnson and it always looked good... IMO.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have had my CRABS in for a week i think now and they are just great...love the sound now, haven't seen much improve with MPG but will keep an eye on it...probably cause i can't keep my foot off the gas haha

Here's a before and after

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll be sure to get some snaps of the blacked out chrome trim on the doors and upper grilles. the grilles turned out real nice

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yeah the resonator has never been in there...it was out when i bought the car i'm assuming becuase i've seen pics of that choker and don't see it anywhere in my bay haha

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-F-R-Chevy-GM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aPontiacQ7cModelQ3aG6QQhashZitem3368f3221bQQitemZ220804096539QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5704wt_1165

heard good things about Brakemotive around here and else where as well...anyone else have any input? also, i have a 2006 base v6 sedan. at the top it says coupe/vert only but farther down it says all 06 v6 models- can anyone confirm these will 100% fit, the only other complete set of rotors and pads say it will only fit the 2.4l.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
alrightttttt....painted the chrome strips and they came out great but i masked off some of the strip with tape so i gotta touch it up a bit before i post pics. crabs should be here early next week and installed hopefully 30 minutes after they arrive!! i got the itch! just priced out some tinting places...best i've found is $180+tax and it includes a lifetime warranty. anyone whos tinted, is that a fair price? with that, should have tint done within a couple weeks. now that summers here, the mods are just getting done themselves!
i paid 175 out the door for 4 doors and windshield strip. so id say thats not to bad

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I had it all over to do again I wouldnt get the drilled or dimpled...just the slotted.
first off...whats the difference between drilled and dimpled? easier for heat to dissipate with drilled? and why wouldn't you go with either now? i'm ready for this brake overhaul but just wanna make sure i get whats best and hear others' reviews

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i paid 175 out the door for 4 doors and windshield strip. so id say thats not to bad
sweet...i see you have 15% on fronts and 5% on back- can you notice a big difference between the two when looking from the outside? i'm hesitant on getting two different shades...still unsure of a percentage ha guess i gotta decide soon my apointments on saturday

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

got the windows tinted, 20% all the way around. first thing i tell my friends is not to roll down the windows and my buddy gets in back and is wondering why the windows wont work- good thing i locked them. pics of blacked out chrome around front mesh grille and black out chrome window strips. what do y'all think :beer:

·
08 G6 GT
95 Posts
Nice ride bro! Are those tail lights sprayed?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks a lot man! yeah they're sprayed. i took em pretty dark and am glad the way they turned out...they run with the tint i just got so it worked perfectly

1 - 20 of 108 Posts