Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, 1st time poster here. My wife has an 06 gtp and lately from idle at first movement like when she's just backing out of the garage it clunks pretty loud when she puts it in reverse. sounds terrible. She also says when she gets backed out on the road and puts it in drive it makes a "screaching" noise. Whwn she got home from work today it smelled hot when she pulled it in the garage. I had the tranny slip yoke clunking on my silverado and replaced it and it went away. could it be something like that or what do you guys think?

·
Registered
470 Posts
FWD G6 is much different than a Silverado. I'd take it in for a proper diagnosis as the only way to tell, providing it's not throwing any codes (scan it even if the dash light isn't on!).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I realize that it's much different than my silverado.I figured that it was more direct drive(front wheel drive) than drive shaft as my truck is. Sorry forgot to post all the info. It's auto trans and the car only has about 36000 on it. Thanks for the replies fellas, I drove it off and on this past weekend and it never did "screech" when i drove it but i could here the clunk a little when i shifted from forward to reverse. The fluid didn't look or smell burnt when i checked it. I think I will take it in and get it hooked up to see if there are any codes that aren't showing through the idiot light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.