Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Dustin
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 05 G6 gt 4 door... I want a cold air intake but my air flow sensor is built on to my air box... I know companys make cold air intakes for the g6s but how do they work without the air flow sensor do you have to cut it off of your air box or somethin??? please help need more performance buddy in a 5 spd mustang gt is pickin on me lol gota kick his ass wit a v6...

·
Registered
19 Posts
you can make one yourself with some pvc piping and a little elbow grease. one 10 dollar trip to home depot and a k&n filter is all you will need. You could maybe even build a FWI, but idk how these engines are set up. But yeah you will need ALOT more than a CAI to beat out a Stang. Get some headers and a new dp, and upgrade the valvetrain and you MAY have a chance

·
Registered
19 Posts
^^oh man you make me lol dude. TONS of people have done this and it works out fine. I personally dont have one done but i know people who do. Its only an alternative for buying expensive FWI setups.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I try not to dog anyone's idea of a modifications but on this one I side with Fusion. There are ways to do a job and there are ways to do it half-assed.
I wouldn't use a coat hanger as an antenna nor would I glue black trash bags to the front of my car to use as a front-end cover. It’s sloppy and juvenile. I guess a few years of being this way myself has taught me to do it right or wait till I can afford to.

:)I not trying to piss off anyone; this is just my opinion.:)

·
Dustin
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i did tha pvc cold air intake thing on an 88 beretta we were just playin around with but this is my car and i dont wana do it half assed and yea i kno ima need more than an intake to beat a mustang lol but still no one answered my question do you have to buy a new air flow sensor, cut it off of the air box, or is there a way that it comes off the air box?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I personally don't know, but I think if a company would have you use there product they would at least design it so it can be used as an up-grade to a stock automobile.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I try not to dog anyone's idea of a modifications but on this one I side with Fusion. There are ways to do a job and there are ways to do it half-assed.
I wouldn't use a coat hanger as an antenna nor would I glue black trash bags to the front of my car to use as a front-end cover. It’s sloppy and juvenile. I guess a few years of being this way myself has taught me to do it right or wait till I can afford to.

:)I not trying to piss off anyone; this is just my opinion.:)
no offense taken, but when done properly it doesnt look "*******" at all. i guess you would just have to see it. but like i said " i dont have one" but it is a cheap alternative to paying for a CAI

Fusion said:
Whatever you say "Dude", but are your friends going to pop open their hood and be proud of that?
you are a tool. and yeah why wouldnt anyone be proud of a supercharged engine??

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
PVC intake $15 works just as good as the $200+ units

and i prodly show that off i like saving money in stead of waisting it
I have to say, that looks pretty dam good! Obviously not your average red neck rig. Congrats!! I stand corrected on this item!

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Ok i have a 05 G6 gt 4 door... I want a cold air intake but my air flow sensor is built on to my air box... I know companys make cold air intakes for the g6s but how do they work without the air flow sensor do you have to cut it off of your air box or somethin???
:confused::confused: question never got answered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought the k&n kai and the mass air flow sensor was attached to the airbox via a detachable, then re-attachable coupler. i would advise you to ask the manufacturer about their product before buying anything though; as the k&n typhoon model for G6 allows a low pitched whistle to pass through that your stock air box would help to muffler

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.