Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be having my car dyno-tuned, once again, on Wednesday, and I will be posting the charts in this thread. :D:D

I want to see how the 4 "limited" & recommended mods that are recommended on this website, as i've taken a slightly different route.

Hopefully, Lampoon:p, or someone similiar will have dyno charts of a car comparable to mine..

Anyways, I want to see how.. Most of all, these recommended items give as far as gains on the good ole dyno runs. It is a 2006 G6 Gt with 35,xxx miles. 3.5l, of course. :p

-My dyno-tune, which will be freshly done after NEW custom exhaust install on Wednesday.. VS WAMS(White Auto and Media Services) 93 octane tune.. Or any octane, just interested in seeing WAMS vs Dyno-tune, I think you all will be surprised at the torque/hp gains provided by properly tuning a car, as opposed to commercial tunes, such as WAMS (NO OFFNCE TO ANYONE) So, $450 vs 300. <- And WAMS is not the only one able to tune your PCM.. Local shops can too, as will be proven! :cool: WAMS would save you 150 dollars, the local shop also offers basic PCM reflash similiar to WAMS - on site for 250. The shop doesn't even have the software, they bring in a 3rd party, so if you've become comfortable with a performance based shop with a dyno, ask them about it. Never know.

-My K&N Typhoon Series CAI with modded heatshield VS Option 3 CRABS w/ FPU.. K&N CAI was 250 shipped with 2day shipping on Amazon, plus about 20 bucks in supplies/materials for the add-ons. So, 270 VS 350 for Options 3 Crabs + FPU) (Sorry, I didn't buy the CRABS INTAKE, Lampoon, by the way. Just decided against it.)

-My custom built exhaust SINGLE outlet(which a new system is being built and being put on Wednesday before the dyno-tune, yay!) it was quoted less INSTALLED by a lot than the GT-R system itself)*will be posting pics of this also, designed for torque, as well. VS the GT-R system.. Waiting on final price tag, will update this, of course. Will tell you that the estimate was A LOT below the MSRP of the Gt-R system.

other mods, relevant or not.. ;]
OBX Header.
racinglineperformance MMIs (in the mail, to be installed Wednesday, lol let you all know about these.)
racinglineperformance front (back ordered, but I snatched one of the 2 they got yesterday.. Thannks, Joe;])
racinglineperformance grounding kit - will be installed once the damn package arrives.
Finally, the velocity stack should be installed Wednesday.

Anyways, not to insult anyone. Just kinda excited to see what progress I've made with the G6, and see if someone can post an example of a dyno chart with the CRABS/WAMS/GT-R combo? :beer:

Anyone know what to do next with the G6, performance wise? Without spending thousands.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm interested in what results you get.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Is interested myself as well

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
2.4L FTW! lol...NOT... i cant see a reason to put an exaust in my car..i'm envious

·
Registered
638 Posts
I-My custom built exhaust SINGLE outlet(which a new system is being built and being put on Wednesday before the dyno-tune, yay!) it was quoted less INSTALLED by a lot than the GT-R system itself)*will be posting pics of this also, designed for torque, as well. VS the GT-R system.. Waiting on final price tag, will update this, of course. Will tell you that the estimate was A LOT below the MSRP of the Gt-R system.
is yous gonna be T304 2.5" stainless and mandrel bent and stainless flanges? youd be suprised at how much the materials cost in themselves stainless 2.5" is like $15 a foot or more in just material cost flanges are like $30 a piece magnaflow mufllers are around $100 or more just in that..........

just be aware that "most" shops that use "stainless" use really low quality stainless that WILL still rust, hence why they can do it for so much less, if you place a magnet on the pipe and it is attracted its low quality and will rust, true high quality T304 has no magnetic properties at all and will not attract a magnet.....

its really easy to see that the GTR is really a great deal considering how much high quality T304 stainless materials cost alone

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=95_96&products_id=1792

http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-14218-364.html

not to rag on what your doing BUT its not hard to understand WHY the GTR costs so much when you see what the material costs alone are not to mention the labor cost to fabricate them

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well, i got a turbo back exhaust system made that was a little bit more expensive than borlas for an Audi TT, and I have a custom turbo-back from them on the VW that was pricey.. Yes, it is of the same quality, and I feel it will be superior.

The shop has produced some amazing cars, check this vid out at the bottom.. the owner knows everything about the VW/Audi brand, and basically designed my VW.

I'll be meeting with him tomorrow, and discussing all possible mods.. I'll post back with what all they come up with.

and yeah, it was the car that won.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
You can choose to believe it or not however we are the ONLY company that can tune the 05/06 3.5L (LX9); I'll bet the cost of a new G6 in cash on this right now, any takers? This has been proven over and over again and the only thing you are going to get if someone tells you otherwise is scammed as a few people here have been. There is NO SOFTWARE for that controller out there that these dyno shops can buy and use (or anyone else for that matteR). So I'd appreciate if you'd edit the libel about my products/company out of your post as it's not true; thanks!

Also this is ESPECIALLY important since you are apparently planning to dyno my tune that's NOT setup for your mods on top of it?

One of three things will happen here (at least on your end):
1. You'll get an honest shop that will admit they cant do anything with this PCM.
2. You'll get a shop that orders my tune and puts it in on the dyno which happens all the time
3. You'll get a shop that doesnt do anything and fudges the dyno numbers which so far happens more than number 1 or 2.

I've had at LEAST four people say they got "tunes" from other places for that engine only to find the PCM is 100% stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.