Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 g6. I just took it to 2 different garages to have it inspected. Neither could connect to my computer to run the scan. The inspection is required to renew my tag. Has anyone encountered this before? Help!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Unless you can troubleshoot analog circuits, all you can do is check fuse:

HVAC CTRL
(BATT)

in the cabin fuse box. If blown, the DLC connector will not get 12v.

Now if their scan tools were powering on but not able to connect to control modules, that's a horse of another color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Each place connected to my computer but it would show a communication error between my car and the computer.

One pace told me to bring it back in a few days, that sometimes that just happens, but when it happened at the 2nd garage, I feared something else was going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you figured out what the solution was? I'm having the same problem now and can't get my car inspected. The dealership can communicate with the computer but everyone else I bring the car to can't get their scanning tools to communicate with the computer. Back in February I had to get the computer reprogrammed because I had to replace the fuel injectors and ever since then, no one else can communicate with the computer except for a GM dealership. I'm thinking the reprogramming has something to do with no one else being able to communicate with the computer but the dealership just tells me that if they can communicate with it then anybody should be able to. They told me to bring it to another inspection station because the one I brought it to may be using faulty equipment. So far, I've brought the car to 2 different inspection stations, 3 mechanics, Autozone, and Advanced Auto and none of them can communicate with the computer. So I'm sure that not every single person i brought it to is using faulty equipment like the dealership is trying to tell me.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Have you figured out what the solution was? I'm having the same problem now and can't get my car inspected. The dealership can communicate with the computer but everyone else I bring the car to can't get their scanning tools to communicate with the computer. Back in February I had to get the computer reprogrammed because I had to replace the fuel injectors and ever since then, no one else can communicate with the computer except for a GM dealership. I'm thinking the reprogramming has something to do with no one else being able to communicate with the computer but the dealership just tells me that if they can communicate with it then anybody should be able to. They told me to bring it to another inspection station because the one I brought it to may be using faulty equipment. So far, I've brought the car to 2 different inspection stations, 3 mechanics, Autozone, and Advanced Auto and none of them can communicate with the computer. So I'm sure that not every single person i brought it to is using faulty equipment like the dealership is trying to tell me.

Thanks,
Tony
Are these (other than dealer's Tech 2) scan tools powering on & creating a non-communication error message or are they just doing nothing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
One place I was in checked some other connections apparently related to the OBD port and said one of them must be loose or corroded. I just have no idea where to look for these connections is there a diagram somewhare?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe there was an issue with C2 on the BCM which could lead to generic OBD-II issues. Unhook the battery, unhook C1-C3 on the BCM.... spray with contact cleaner, brush with a nylon brush. Then when it's dried, pack the connectors with dielectric, put them back in place.... hook up battery and try again.

Otherwise, you're looking either here:
Pulling Codes: The Story of U1016

or here
2006 Pontiac G6 - No Generic Communication Pontiac G6 This vehicle was located at Haggerty Buick Pontiac. The concern is that the vehicle will communicate. - ppt download

1 - 10 of 10 Posts