Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone !

So I took my G6 to get dyno it last weekend and it ran a 144.3 WHP and a 169 Torque. Not was what I was expecting. i was expecting at least 220 WHP at minimum 200 WHP. My g6 has KN Cold Air Intake, I have a magnaflow muffler w/o resonator. I do not know what gives. I mean it was hot inside the DYNO place but still that is a lot of horsepower difference. Oh and I have 3.5 GT motor.

The Dyno was a Dynojet ill throw up the graph up soon once I find it and scan it

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's about a 29% power loss through the transaxle. that's doesn't sound right. There was only a 15%~ power loss on the new GTOs through a transmission, turning a driveshaft and a rear diff.

The CAI and and exhaust might have leaned you out a bit. We need to see the dyno graph to see where your air/fuel was and what the power curve looked like before anything can be said for sure.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Intake skewed the fueling or there is something else wrong with it.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
my 06 m6 stock GTO put down 342 RWHP/339RWT, an 06 auto GTO ran after me and put down 318 RWHP/324RWT. The parasitic loss in a auto vs manual is rediculous

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Unfortunately there's little data on the G6's but from what I've seen you should expect about 18% loss, so that would convert to 175/206. Definitely something going on there. Heat can make a difference, although I wouldn't think that much. Aftermarket exhaust often lowers torque numbers but your problem is hp, not tq. Like gotza & GTPprix said maybe you've got some intake issues :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts