Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pontiac has accomplished producing a car which is impossible to upgrade. The G6 V6 bolt pattern is 5x110, do you think any American wheel venders carry that? NO! I wonder why they would do such a stupid thing, being that buying new rims is pretty much one of the most popular modifications people do to their car, I guess we can add it to the list of stupid things that GM does, like putting the cars brain in the head-unit. But back to the rims, I now have to order my rims from europe and get raped with shipping and other charges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tirerack.com has maybe one set of rims that are nice for the g6 and they charge a ton for tires.. i have found a real decent UK site that carry a range of wheels for the 5x110 bolt pattern.. i real nice wheels quoted at 1300 shipped to my door, mounted and balanced with z-rated tires
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Remember when you were in the dealership and the salesman told you the G6 shares the epsilon platform with the SAAB 9-3? Look for rims that will fit the 9-3 and your set. Theres some on Ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
If you go to a decent tire shop they will drill out your bolt pattern on just about any rim. I got mine about 4 months ago and i love them, i have people looking and pointing all the time. It does not affect the ride quality 1 bit, and improves handling!
 

Attachments

·
Designed For Action
Joined
·
509 Posts
Twisted_Heat said:
If you go to a decent tire shop they will drill out your bolt pattern on just about any rim. I got mine about 4 months ago and i love them, i have people looking and pointing all the time. It does not affect the ride quality 1 bit, and improves handling!
Where did you find those wheels? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
99grandamse said:
... GM, as with most car manufacturers, don't like owners to modify their cars so it doesn't surprise me :(
Actually cough..hack ah uah...Mazda....(Sorry Guys) does let you modify your car. My buddy has a Mazda Speed Protege and they are all for it.

SBM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
thunkele said:
Pontiac has accomplished producing a car which is impossible to upgrade. The G6 V6 bolt pattern is 5x110, do you think any American wheel venders carry that? NO! I wonder why they would do such a stupid thing, being that buying new rims is pretty much one of the most popular modifications people do to their car, I guess we can add it to the list of stupid things that GM does, like putting the cars brain in the head-unit. But back to the rims, I now have to order my rims from europe and get raped with shipping and other charges.

So where did you end up buying your new rims? There are a ton of options, I know you must have bought some......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
couldn't decide on size and where to get in time.. now it's winter.. i might get Ronal R-41's next spring
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
SBMG6GT said:
Actually cough..hack ah uah...Mazda....(Sorry Guys) does let you modify your car. My buddy has a Mazda Speed Protege and they are all for it.

SBM
... I would suspect it is the dealer itself that is "all for it" but I would guess that Mazda would PREFER if owners left there car as is ... remember, I am not saying they don't allow it but instead, I said they didn't like it ;) ... anyway, I am all for modifying a car and feel a manufacturer can only benefit from an owners wish to alter their can being it shows their pleasure with it, IMO :)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top