Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get them? im planning on buyin an extra junk yard engine and fixing it up and throwin it in my g6 for fun. I dont want replacment oem, i want good aftermarket parts incase i decide to tear apart my car (and my bank) and give forced induction a try down the road

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
638 Posts
if you have a 3.5 pr 3.9 then dont even bother with FI, they blow head gaskets too easy as is NA, and wouldnt hold up qorth crap on FI but if its the 2.4 or 3.6 all Al block and heads then it should take boost just fine as long as you get it tuned right.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would a 3.6 drop in? i have a 3.5. would a 3.5 still be a problem if the internals were beefed up? cause thats my plan. im just lookin for a project. worse comes to worse ill just have a new engine to drop in and my car will last longer haha

·
Registered
638 Posts
you could put a 3.6 in but you would have to put in the 6spd auto that goes with it along with new axles, new ECM/TCM new engine wireing harness and some other odds n ends..... i have the 3.5 too, and plan on doin that this winter.....dropin in the 3.6/6spd that is........the 3.5LZ4 and 3.5LZ9 are complete garbage, the both share the same block and heads etc... except the 3.9 has a larger bore and longer stroke.....its a cast iron block and aluminum heads and that seems to be a bad combination when it come to the head gaskets as many people have had to have theair headgaskets replaced before 30k miles... i had to have mine replaced under warranty along with a new crank, cam shaft and lifters at 95kmiles and now im at 112k miles and the rear head is leaking again.....

·
Registered
638 Posts
that im not sure of, i dont have any interest in the 3.5 at all so i never looked into it......the 3.9 has had such bad HG problems that they actually have discontinued that engine even lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh shit haha. well i guess ill have to do my research. do you know where i can get aftermarket rings and such?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ive never had any problems with my 3900, and I drive it hard. And I mean like, I'd be kicked off the site for causing so much stress on the g6, lol. I dont see why they have all these problems. I guess if you redline it for a min straight, you could blow a head gasket. And Idk why there is no parts for it. Only problem ive had is my intake was sucking in hot engine air, and caused it to bog a little. But I fixed that with a little work. But about the internals, I'd say it couldnt be to hard, if you found or had parts made, to install them. Just so much bs in the way. And I think it could handle it with a little tuning. Maybe not the trans and driveline, but im sure you could find something to sit that engine on. And as far as aftermarket head gaskets, idk what to tell you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
once i get the parts and have a junk yard engine machined givin that the cylinders are out of round because thats the only machining i couldnt do. i can tear apart an engine and put it back together in a few hours. so its not the difficulty of beefing up the internals because its easy if you know what your doing. i was just having a problem finding a place to get good quality aftermarket items

1 - 10 of 10 Posts