Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm considering a G6. I have a GM Card rebate, so I'm leaning toward a GM vehicle. The G6 seems like one of the more attractive GM vehicles. I haven't driven one yet, as I'm basically just researching cars at this point.

A few questions...

(1) As I understand it, all except the high-end models use electric rather than hydraulic steering. What's the electric steering like? Do y'all like it?
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if the electrical system is off and the car is in neutral, can you still steer?

(2) I notice that base models come with steel wheels and wheel covers. Are the wheel covers metal or plastic?

(3) Ignoring rebates, what sort of discount off the recently-adjusted MSRP should a buyer expect?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
italian ice said:
"Ignoring Rebates" is a big mistake. The biggest price break comes on all 4cyl. G6 models. It is called the SmartBuy, "Mfr. Consumer Cash" rebate of $3,700. Check out the GMAC Payment Estimator. After GM card points and incentives, I paid about $11,500 (before Illinois Sales Tax) for our G6 last December.
Thanks! I don't think the $3,700 in "consumer cash" is still available. Needless to say, though, I'll be sure to take advantage of any and all rebates that are available if I buy a G6.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
italian ice said:
Pontiac.com Select G6 sedan. you should see a link "Estimate Payment" If you click on the link you will identify the G6 Sedan, 1SA or 1SV which are both 4cyl. models and fill in your Zip Code.
Well, you're absolutely right. I tried an Illinois zip code, and it showed $3700 in Mfr. consumer cash. I tried my California zip codes, and it showed $750.
:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.