Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mechanism raising the hard top has broken. My mechanic said it was the top link tonneau cover boot hinge but he was unable to find the part. Any help out there?, Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone in the Bentonville, Rogers, FAyetteville Arkansas area who may be able to work on this for us?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Parts for the convertible top are not readily available. A car parts yard or eBay may be your best bet. Depending on what has broken it may also be possible to make a repair. Again, depending on the part it may be possible to operate the top without it. One of the bat wing cables is broken on mine along with the hinge. I have repaired the hinge but not yet replaced the cable. it leaves a slightly unsightly gap but the top still works.

Hope you get it fixed

·
Registered
2008 G6 GT Convertible 3.5L
4 Posts
I had the same issue on man 2008, techs could not find the needed parts. They removed the tonneau cover, wings, and cables to get the top to work. It does have a gap with top down but not as unsightly as I thought it would be. I rather be able to put the top down then not at all. I kept the removed parts, maybe someday I'll find what's needed to fix it properly. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts