Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
08 convertible
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have of a how-to (video or text) for removing/installing the rear deck cover panel and side flaps? Thx

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've described this before in a post, but it goes like this:
Start car, because if you cycle the top with ignition off, it's going to close on you in about 30 seconds, with the car on, it is much longer, I've never timed it, but it is much longer.
From top down, cycle the top so that the rear panel flips up to near vertical.
Stop cycling top here.
Remove the cables first.
You will need to remove the clips that hold the cables to the wings. These are on the back side of the square part in the photos, to either side of the spring portion.

Jesus clips hold those in on the back side. Pick up the flat edge, and slide those off.
Panel is held on by: 6 - 10 mm bolts, 3 on each side, from a hinge to the panel section. Toward the middle. Mark the position first, use a marker and circle the bolts. This will help to position it later upon re installation.
That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
You get wet when you drive it in the rain .......

I had a Cadillac XLR with a similar top and you could get access to the pump where there was an equalizer valve that released the pressure and you could cycle to top by hand.
Sure there is something similar on the G6

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not that we have found without removing trunk completely. My husband is an auto technician but has had no experience with convertables. He has called it everything but a black car. Even threatening to burn it to ground.

·
Registered
229 Posts
try unhooking and hooking the battery.im told it sometimes helps.
I've heard the same.
Unhook, hook.
Fire car ASAP, attempt to engage top.
The theory is that any previous faults disappear, and you attempt to lift top before the self-check is complete.
Never tried it, hope that I never have to.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts