Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 G6 GT convertible. The top stops in mid operation. The dealer says it is the control valve assembly, but cannot find one anywhere. Can some one advise?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Dealer is most likely right about the parts. Lots of threads stating how the pump and other parts of the roof are hard / impossible to source. Can you add a bit more detail to "mid operation". To steal Perfessor's image I would put mid operation something like

Is yours getting anywhere near this far or is it getting stick right as the top begins to lift from the windshield? If it is only just lifting, take a look at this thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmmm.....well that sucks!

I just bought a 2007 convertible and I didn't think of the parts problem since Pontiac is no more.

You would think GM would still have a lot of parts available unless the G6 has an unusual convertible mechanism??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 I just bought for my daughter. Top worked great the two or three times we test drove it. Got it home and the second day the top wouldn't come out of the trunk. Where do I access the hydraulic pump to add fluid? I assume this is the problem since the top will not move up at all out of the trunk area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 2007 G6 Convertible. Experiencing a clunking sound in the back when it gets very cold "Live in Ontario!" Suspect its in the power top mechanism but cannot locate the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have same noise in cold areas. usually goes away during the drive and or when the sun warms it up. my problem is the hinge in the center section broke and the part is no longer available. Getting it fixed, they say the cables to the outer wings need to be corrected. Fixed means making or regluing the hinge back together. I hope to find out in about a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts