Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a big problem when I close my roof it closes fine but the lid wont go back down in the heat. The motor runs fine but the lid stays in the open position and wont go down. I have to get it to a shaded area to cool off and its a huge inconvenience. Please help!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi All

I have a big problem when I close my roof it closes fine but the lid wont go back down in the heat. The motor runs fine but the lid stays in the open position and wont go down. I have to get it to a shaded area to cool off and its a huge inconvenience. Please help!!!
Ok, i will try to help but need more information. Can i assume that the lid you have mentioned is the trunk or deck lid?
Do you have any messages on the driver information center.(on the radio or instrument cluster? Can you see any fluid or liquid anywhere? Can you determine if the fluid in tank attached to the roof motor has oil in it? Located inside the trunk. It is under the passenger side tail light. You will only be able to access it through the trunk.
Is your roof is in the trunk that is not good.
Let's start with this.
Good l luck.
** If the oil tank is empty, you have leak in the system. If not we need to do more research. If you do have a leak in the system, you well need to get that fixed first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts