Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a section for specifically convertible-related topics? It would be easier to find the information if it were all in one place. I see there's already a GXP section, so a model-specific section wouldn't be a new idea.

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
I agree one may tend to look nowhere else.Hey Droptop I am installing my GTR system this weekend on my vert got any advise before I start.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Well you're fortunate in having an 07 so it will bolt right up :)

Definitely get a bunch of washers (I'd go with about 20) because you'll need the extra room when you put back the bracing underneath:

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
Thanks Droptop,took 14 washers on mine.Yep the GTR is on and I like it.It was a bit of a shock the first start cause it do make more noise,but after driving a bit its ok on highway,just growls on demand lol.Did your stock system look like it was made by hammer and chisel,mine was a flattened gobbed up mess.From what I have been reading the GTR sounds even better after its "broken in" can,t wait for that.Funny cause now I have become "that old guy" ha ha .

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Yeah definitely a HUGE diff. between GT-R & stock sitting side by side. Is the weather warm enough there you can put the top down? If you think it sounds good with the top up, wait until you get to cruise with it down =D

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
No still to cold here need another month before the top goes down.I am really looking forward to heading to B.C. this spring,can't wait to do some tap shifting in the mountains.BTW the whistle I had before(when accelerating) is now gone.There were 3 cracks in the stock pipes.There is no comparison between stock and GTR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts