Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, does anyone have links to the top schematics and operating description? There was a thread about 5 years ago with links but they're no longer working. Or maybe one of you has copies of those? I've tried contacting the poster, but no luck so far.

My top just started acting up. The windows go down, it unlatches and stops. No messages.

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, here is what I have. I hold the top button down. Windows go down, top unlatches, pump starts running. Nothing else. Trunk doesn't unlatch. No fault messages. Pump stops running after a while. I let go of the button and the display says Top Not Secure. Which is correct. I can then reverse the switch and the top latches ok.

Everything in the trunk looks fine, no broken or disturbed wires, no fluid leaks.

If anyone knows how to get hold of the schematics and operating sequence, I would greatly appreciate it. And any troubleshooting hints. Thanks.

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine turned out to be the small cylinder by the trunk LH hinge was weak and not being able to complete the cycle, when I had the "top not secure message".
Well, no, as I said I DON"T get the top not secured message until it's actually not secured, so no fault detected. How did you figure out the left cylinder was weak?

By the way, the hydraulic fluid level is exactly at the max mark and looks like it was never touched.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just a sure fired wild ass guess but I wonder if your pump is screwed. I did say your pump DX I know that you say that you hear it but maybe you are only hearing the motor. Now that being said, remember that I indicated that I was guessing. I have never had one of these apart. So can the pump fail without the motor failing with it. Someone might know but I don't.

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right. That's why I need the schematics and operating sequence. Pump can certainly fail partially or totally without the motor failing. Any pump can. I have no idea if there is a pressure sensor that tells the computer there isn't enough pump pressure. I need something to help me troubleshoot the system, can't just go around replacing everything.

·
Registered
146 Posts
DX I could not load all th pictures I had but I think pages 153 to 160 in the manual may cover some of what you might be looking for.,

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I read the manual, that's not what I need. I need the technical description of the operating sequence, i.e. what switches need to be in the correct state in order to allow the next step in the operation, etc.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Tech 2 or Snap On. I'm trying to find a local shop with a tester and some experience with this system, so far unsuccessfully.

I did check all those wires, they are perfect.

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Convertme, thanks again for your help. Those instructions are aparently for use with a certain a test/scan tool.

If I can get at the very least a schematic of the system, I can go around looking for all the microswitches and testing them.

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I figured this out but would still like the schematics and info for the future.

Turns out nothing is defective. After much playing around I found that one of the microswitches is not registering correctly because of a slight trunk lid misalignment. I will start a new thread on that subject.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts