Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 convertible top won't open fully, but will re-secure from "down" button. GMC dealer computer says error code #B366A 59, Left Front RCL Latch Switch. Apparently, it is a latch switch for the opening of the leading edge of the trunk lid. Dealer says original GM part "out of stock." Does anyone know exactly what this switch looks like, where it is located in the car, where I can get a new one for the dealer besides a wrecking yard, or whether it is rebuildable or not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may help. It may not be the switch itself. A lot of convertible owners have noticed cracked, frayed or damaged wiring especially near the hinges. I am about to solder in some replacement wire myself as I can see wear on the drivers side trunk hinge on mine
Thanks for the attachment. I found a similar tech service bulletin elsewhere, but wasn't able to print it. When I referred the tech number to the GMC dealer, they said they could look it up on their computer. When they told me I had no recourse but to "replace" the left RCL latch switch, which is no longer available, I asked them if they followed all the directions in the tech service document, but the service manager responded that the technician said the document had nothing to do with any further checking of the switch. When I got it back, I checked the left wiring. I could find no problems with the wiring. I searched widely for a new switch, but could find nothing. I don't have a tech 2 to check out the switch actuation per the bulletin. I doubt that dealer knew what they were doing with this car aside from just reading the DTC. I will provide a copy of this tech service bulletin to others locally that think they might be able to repair this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts