Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I installed 2 powered subs in the trunk, they fit nicely under the partition for the convertible top. I took all of the trunk pieces out to run wiring....etc. when I put it all back in I tried to run the top to make sure everything worked okay. Well things just went downhill after this. I pressed the button, the trunk lid opened backwards then stopped... Then nothing... I got "trunk inop" "top can't open-trunk" and "top not secure". This was a first... To preface, I was up til after midnight the night before finishing up the install when I realized my line output converter was not broadcasting on the right speaker channel should I just threw everything in the trunk and called it a night so at this point I just got to work put the right line output converter in it and got it functioning and then put all the panels back in so this happened while I was at work. I mean I checked everything every sensor looked normal nothing looked out of place but then I noticed on the passenger side on the bottom hinge the plastic panel that I installed was pinched underneath that hinge pretty tight. It took some pulling but I was able to get it out from under the hinge and I thought well now the top should work okay it just damaged the plastic piece was stuck under it and you could tell it been struggling to work but I guess with the plastic piece under it stopped. Not sure where to go from here I checked the fuses in the trunk and they were okay. I just know that there's no sound being made when I press the button just to hear messages and the trunk at this point is stuck backwards open and will not move so I put a bungee cord on the trunk lid so we can have a little bit of pressure pulling it down and it took almost three hours for it to slowly bleed down enough to get the trunk lid shot but of course it won't latch and won't do anything because of the error messages so I put some packaging tape on the trunk lid and drove it home and it was going to rain and I didn't want to take the chance of getting in there and checking fuses and all that and getting the trunk backwards open again and have to wait another two or three hours for it to shut if I couldn't find the problem any help would be great I would really really appreciate it thanks. Is there a way to reset the convertible top system I know my friend has a Saab 9-3 convertible and there's a procedure to reset the system where it will play back to the nominal settings from the factory thanks again

1 - 1 of 1 Posts