Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The convertible top on my 2007 G6 will not fully open. The trunk fully opens and the top starts to lift and then stalls. I found the pump reservoir empty and now need to know if Dexron 3 is a suitable replacement fluid? I read that GM Fluid 88901975 is recommended, which is apparently the same as CHF 11S. Is Dexron 3 compatible with these fluids?

I have inspected the six hydraulic trunk-mounted rams and found no leaks. I also removed two small access panels located above the windshield but found no evidence of leakage there either. I would think that a leak large enough to empty the reservoir would be obvious, but I can't find one. Any suggestions on where to look for a leak would be appreciated.

·
Registered
215 Posts
No, Dexron 3 is not a compatible fluid.
I have worked with both fluids and for lack of a better word, they 'feel' different. Definitely not a crossover.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
As far as I know you want the Pentosin CHF 11S or GM P/N 88901975, as you mention, not any type of Dexron. Mine leaked from the ends of the main hydraulic rams that move the top into the trunk. One leak was fairly obvious from the rear, the other less so from the front of the cylinder. If you don't have access to the front of the cylinders you should be able to get some paper towel in from the rear to check for leaks. Hope you find it and if you decide to get them fixed, Top Hydraulics did a good job on mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts