Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 we love but suddenly the top never seems to work for us. We take it in, the service writer tries it to no avail, he writes it up, calls us back says it is ready. When we pick up they demo it for us and say nothing was wrong. We go home and try it a few days later and boom, not working again.

Anybody hear of problems with the top or a source for info on issues with it?

Thanks in advance.

Ron T.

·
Registered
195 Posts
We have a 2007 we love but suddenly the top never seems to work for us. We take it in, the service writer tries it to no avail, he writes it up, calls us back says it is ready. When we pick up they demo it for us and say nothing was wrong. We go home and try it a few days later and boom, not working again.

Anybody hear of problems with the top or a source for info on issues with it?

Thanks in advance.

Ron T.
does it just not work or does it try to go up but can't? does it sound like there's something in the way of it? like something's not letting it go? ...

if not i'd check the fuses ... that's the first thing to check is the fuse ... cuz the dealer might just be putting new fuses in every time you bring it there ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G6 convertible top issue

Haven't checked the fuse but the last time my wife used it the top went down but would not go up. I put it in the garage until the temperature was in the 60's and tried again and voila.... up it went. It seems to be a tempurature issue.

It would give the message "top not secure" when starting the car and when trying to lower it further it would make a slight noise and then nothing. I am hoping it is just an operating temperature issue....

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
195 Posts
sounds like the top works just fine but the main computer won't let it go at all times ... if you do take it to a dealer ask them to reset the computer and see what happens then

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have had nothing but top issues in the past two years of owning! This has not been a pleasant ownership experience.....its in the garage as I speak...waiting for parts! I really dislike this catr!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have had nothing but top issues in the past two years of owning! This has not been a pleasant ownership experience.....its in the garage as I speak...waiting for parts! I really dislike this catr!
How many miles on your G6 Bob Seger fan?

And at about how many miles did you start having problems with the top?

·
Tire smoker
10 Posts
You said it would go up and you put it away untill it hit 60 degrees outside? The motor has a temp sensor that doesn't let it go up or down if it is below 60 degrees. Is that the issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What we need is to get a print out of the service manual for these tops......I believe the mechanisms are made by the Karmann [the German equivalent to Fisher Body].......I also believe that they supply Volvo, VW, Mercedes etc. I wonder if those service guys can help us....I allready know that my closest gm dealer Does Not have an expert on them! [comforting]
I just bought my g6 conv......I am going to try to find a repair expert Before I need one.....a rain storm in a car interior does not sound like something I would like to experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts