Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 07 has broken both pin holders for the rear Valance . There is way way to much pressure and travel in the main bar.
How can I reduce the travel in the bar verses valance ?
Is there a limit switch gone bad to make it travel that far? Or
Has something cause the main bar to jump a tooth ?
It seems that the Bar would have to have a spline or teeth at both ends at the nut and bracket shown in pic to set an adjustment for valance .
So when I remove the nut and bracket off shaft ( both sides ) will it be splined or keyed? And just a matter of re setting the total travel this way.
Thanks in Advance for any help
Kelly

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So my 07 has broken both pin holders for the rear Valance . There is way way to much pressure and travel in the main bar.
How can I reduce the travel in the bar verses valance ?
Is there a limit switch gone bad to make it travel that far? Or
Has something cause the main bar to jump a tooth ?
It seems that the Bar would have to have a spline or teeth at both ends at the nut and bracket shown in pic to set an adjustment for valance .
So when I remove the nut and bracket off shaft ( both sides ) will it be splined or keyed? And just a matter of re setting the total travel this way.
Thanks in Advance for any help
Kelly
I have solved the problem and will post video on You Tube soon . Any questions contact me here

·
Registered
47 Posts
Glad you fixed it and am anxious to see your You Tube video. From the pictures and description, I couldn't tell what wasn't working properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts