Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 convertible. I stored it last year over the winter and when I went to put the top down this summer it wouldn't move. It unlatches from the front window and lifts an inch and the trunk unlatches but the trunk wont move up to let the top go down. I've tried manually moving the trunk but it only lets me move it so far before it stops moving and it still needs to open more. I'm stuck on what is wrong.

·
Registered
699 Posts
One of the first things I would try to determine is if the problem is electrical or with the hydraulics. Most often a hydraulic issue is associated with a hydraulic fluid leak and you may note the reservoir on the pump is low. More likely from what you describe, one of the micro-switch transitions is not being sensed at the right time. Sometimes it will be the switch iteslf, but more commonly the wiring seems to be a failure point, especially on wear points like the hinges. There are other threads on this topic that may help you if you search for them.

Hope you get it fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there more than 1 hydraulic reservoir? My 2008 G6 goes up 1/2 way and stops. I have been told it is 2 sensors, but want to check this as well.

[
I have a 2007 convertible. I stored it last year over the winter and when I went to put the top down this summer it wouldn't move. It unlatches from the front window and lifts an inch and the trunk unlatches but the trunk wont move up to let the top go down. I've tried manually moving the trunk but it only lets me move it so far before it stops moving and it still needs to open more. I'm stuck on what is wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts