Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top is stuck in down position will not go up. Push bottom here pump going but will not go up. Is there an easy way to raise the top manually????

·
Registered
347 Posts
Unfortunately there is little about the convertible top that is easy when you are having problems with it :(. The message may help. Generally when I can hear the pump but nothing happens I have had a leak somewhere in the hydraulics. Sometimes it has been a small leak and topping up the fluid has got things going to the point where I can raise the top one more time or at least get it into a position where a couple of helpers can assist moving the roof panel to take the load off of the hydraulic cylinders. In those cases I have been able to complete the cycle and keep out of the rain until I could work on repairs. Your luck may vary. Hope you are able to get it working.

·
Registered
215 Posts
These tops require some TLC some times.
'top won't go up'.
-pump engages and nothing?
-or, pump engages, latches cycle, top moves a little, and then stops?
If it is the second it is likely one of the switches is either faulty, or wire broken.
I have another post in this, but briefly, latches release, switches tell BCM they are released and allow motor to pump.
If a switch doesn't report correctly, cycle stops.
My recent, and oddly a couple others were traced to corrupt wiring at the trunk hinge area.
Might want to search this forum a bit, this may not be so bad.
Please let us know.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine did the same thing as the pin that holds the top stationary in the trunk fell past its resting place causing the top not to rise from the trunk. When this happens the top will start to lift and then stall. The brackets that hold the pins on the top part of the glass section will fail over time. We removed the entire glass panel and re-welded the mounts that hold the pin brackets. Then replaced the glass panel. Now better than stock. Replacing the entire panel is great, but welding is a better option. See link for photos.....https://www.g6ownersclub.com/threads/calling-all-convertible-owners.50507/post-274641

1 - 5 of 5 Posts