Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my g6 convertible I received an extra hardtop but I couldn't take it because it was in a garage I'm going to get it this weekend and was told to bring a pickup because it wouldn't fit in my Durango but won't I be able to fold it like it does in my trunk...previous owner said he stored it open because that's how he received it...just wondering...please help don't want to rent pickup...anyone ever had purchased just a hardtop..thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Never heard of a hardtop that would go on a car that was a hardtop. I don't see the advantage of a fixed hardtop on a G6 because if the convertible hardtop is fitted properly it is as quiet, leak-proof and insulated as a fixed hardtop.

Also, you'd have to keep the convertible hardtop stored in the down position and you'd lose the use of your trunk.
I don't understand why you'd even want it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No

It's an extra top...he needed to buy it for some parts that were on it
I'm wondering if it could fold or is that done electrically...previous owner didn't know..thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
The top is mostly mechanical driven by hydraulics. If you could move the release mechanism manually it ought to be possible to fold it with a couple of people. One of the hydraulic cylinders is in the roof liner. If I recall correctly that is the one that will release the hinge clamps. Once those are released the larger hydraulic rams near the bat wings would push forward and fold the lid. That part should be possible by hand if you can provide the right support and lift. Never done it so only a guess on my part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just took out Jesus clips holding hydraulics in and it folded...easier than storing it open...might keep glass and possibly "sell" roof top...don't know if theres a market for one

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Will look like this, I actually just need the rubber grommets off the stems shown in this pic, mine are cracked and have one missing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My spare top doesn't have those..possible that previous owner removed them...could you substitute with vacuum hose "caps"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts