Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· 07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
122 Posts
I have a 2007 when it was new there was a recall to replace some sort of spacers to stop the top from rattling.Check with your GM dealer.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, we have a Mustang convertible as well as the G6 convertible and the Mustang system is basic and simple in comparison to the folding metal top on the G6. Just worried about repairs long term on this one.Good to hear no one has any major issues.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only issue with mine is there are two small panels that fold out when the top is in the down position.They slide out from under the toneau cover and become part of it.One of these does not come up flush with the cover so the dealer is replacing it next week.That's the local Chevrolet dealer since my Pontiac dealer is gone now.It's taken several weeks for them to get the parts in for the replacement. Everything else is working fine.

· Registered
35 Posts
My roof just today stopped doing anything. If I push the button to put the top down i just get a series of dings saying i can't do it, and i have an after-market stereo so I can't check my info center :( So I have opened the trunk, nothing in it, the sliding soft cover thing I have closed it, opened it up, made sure to really close the trunk hard, check engine light isn't on, windows are up, car is in park, and in all these conditions it beeps like somethign is wrong, and I'm just wondering WHAT AM I MISSING?!! also I have the issue where 1 of the 2 side tonneau covers isn't flush with the roof down (last time it went down) and yeah I definitely have to push the button twice almost always to get the roof down (when it would work of course) I've only owned this car since Jan it's an 06, and I love it, but this is making me sad....... help?

· Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2007 hardtop convertible, just got it fixed yesterday took 3 weeks to get a $24 latch, have had the car 2 months bought it with 32000 miles, dealer had to replace exhaust, I have put new brakes and rotors on it, had a coolant lenk, dealer replaced gaskets and serpentine belt, had to put on new tires, all this, yet I still love the car, it is so sharp looking, hopefully won't have any more problems. Gm paid for everything except the brakes so everything is still cool!!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Given the information regarding the service bulletins that I found by looking through other threads, there is an apparent problem with the top making rattling noises from various portions of the top. The noise that I have in my 2007 G6 GT HTC can be described as a flapping hollow metal rattle. What I mean by flapping hollow metal rattle is the sound you would get if you had a long piece of metal and it was being rattled against something hollow like a plastic on metal sound that reverberates quickly. The sound seems to occur in cold weather right above/behind the drivers head. Upon inspecting the top while up, down and while in mid-cycle I have only noticed two metal rods that travel from the rear glass to the front of the top on both sides. These rods are the only piece of metal that show any type of wiggle room when you apply pressure to them. I suspect the metal rods are hitting on some type of plastic up there or against the roof upholstery material. I would like to remove the roof upholstery to further investigate but am worried that I will only damage my cars upholstery clips and may not be able to replace them. The clips have a flat round top and go through the upholstery and metal body like a bolt that expands. There are at least 3 in the center front of the top where the top meets the rubber molding and 2 in the rear on either side. Can someone direct me on how to remove this item without damaging anything? Once I correct the problem I would be more than glad to provide a full explanation of the fix for all of us HTC owners.

· Registered
35 Posts
Convertible Pump Failure

So I put my convertible top down one day, and it would not come back up AT ALL, no response whatsoever. So I take it to the local Cadillac dealership that works on Pontiacs as well. They charge me $500 to manually put the top back up by taking apart the compartment and motors and such. They then tell me that after doing that the top works perfectly fine for them. So 3 days after I dropped it off, I pick it back up. That night (Friday) I put the top down, drive, and it wont' go back up again. so I have to park it at my grandfather's house because he has a garage and a hurricane is coming over the weekend. Monday I take it in and leave it. Thursday it is ready to be picked up. They told me they ordered $1500 in parts and about $500 in labor to fix it, but because they felt bad for me, they did it for free. YAY! But yah apparently my whole hydraulic pump for the roof failed...... Works like a charm now : )

· Registered
5 Posts
I hate to bring a post back from the dead. BUT....

My top stopped working yesterday. The motor runs, the trunk lid unlatches and moves up/back a few inches then stops. Luckily I am able to get it to operate, open and close if I take the weight of the trunk lid up a little while someone holds the button. It seems as if the piston is broke or weak to open the trunk.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.