Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my red G6 and change it to black.

I've gotten quotes from local businesses, and it's too steep for my tastes...

My girlfriends dad has offered to help me paint it (he has all of the tools and sandpaper). All I need is the paint.

I'm thinking 2 litres would be enough (correct me if I'm wrong), but I was wondering if there's anything I should keep in mind?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
You are going to change the color completely? what about inside of the door? and under the hood? Seems like a lot of work, I might try to like the red instead.:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those little spots, I'm not going to worry about. :p

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Trade the car in or sell it and buy a black one.

Why not have your girlfriend's dad help you put some racing stripes or something similar on the car instead? Seriously...you're pretty much guaranteeing that car to have 0 resale value and an incredibly lower value for insurance purposes should anything ever happen to warrant an insurance appraisal.

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
Trade the car in or sell it and buy a black one.

Why not have your girlfriend's dad help you put some racing stripes or something similar on the car instead? Seriously...you're pretty much guaranteeing that car to have 0 resale value and an incredibly lower value for insurance purposes should anything ever happen to warrant an insurance appraisal.
+1. a DIY paint job is a lot of work to get right, but easy to mess up. if you think you have what you need to do it, good luck and post some pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.