Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I noticed that the stuff in my resoviour was looking kind of nasty. Yesterday I started flushing it out over and over. Was pretty simple to do. In the process of filling her back up with coolant I noticed she wasn't taking hardly any. That got me to looking online at these forums and I've noticed someone post about a coolant bleed screw or something like that. Even with them posting a generic diagram showing the screw, I have yet to see where it is in my vehicle.

I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6. Can someone here who has that kind of car, lift up their hood and take a picture and show me where this hide and seeker is. I'm having no luck.

Thank you.

Also I'm asumming this is the right place to post them. Idk tho. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In the area of the first picture, get a flashlight and look down where i circled in the second picture. That is the screw. It will drain the coolant out of the little hole right below it. if you look under the car in the same area you will see what i mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think the 3.5L has a bleeding screw I did my 2008 a couple months ago. What was posted above I think that was the actual coolant drain screw (Can be accessed without ramps/lift if you have very long thin arms (and put a barrier between bare skin and hot hoses).

You need to just go slowly, idle for a while, run at 2000 RPM for a while and make sure it doesn't overheat. How much were you able to get in? Squeeze the radiator hoses and get all that air out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts