Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope someone can help me here. My coolant is leaking in my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible 3.9L. The leak is coming from what I know as the "heater hose connector" (located under the reservoir, where three coolant pipes come together. My problem is, I cant find the part I need for the 3.9L motor, only the 3.5L. Are they the same? Is it called something else?
Hoping someone can help me with this as I am supposed to be going on a trip tomorrow and its already 4PM here. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to use a basic "coolant Tee". Just need to know the size of hose. They should stock them at just about any autoparts store.
thanks, just bought one but dont see any obvious cracks or anything which would cause a leak from this area. kinda lost now.

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
114 Posts
thanks, just bought one but dont see any obvious cracks or anything which would cause a leak from this area. kinda lost now.
You may not see anything but when the coolant system is pressurized, it will leak. Start the car and let it warm up. Watch for where the coolant is coming from repair said area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the plastic hose connectors will go bad and crack and or fall apart with time. getting hot and cold will cause them to do this. as soon as you squeeze the clamp to undo it will porobably fall apart

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really hope someone can help me here. My coolant is leaking in my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible 3.9L. The leak is coming from what I know as the "heater hose connector" (located under the reservoir, where three coolant pipes come together. My problem is, I cant find the part I need for the 3.9L motor, only the 3.5L. Are they the same? Is it called something else?
Hoping someone can help me with this as I am supposed to be going on a trip tomorrow and its already 4PM here. Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Had the same problem. As someone already said, a lot of times you can't see the crack, but, under pressure it will leak.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the same problem. As someone already said, a lot of times you can't see the crack, but, under pressure it will leak.
Good Luck!
If you need a plastic part and can't find the part, and when time is not of the essence, in your search, as an ultimate solution, go to a facility which offers 3-D parts. They take your old part, film it three-dimensionally, and whola!, they produce your new plastic part. The cost-benefit is for another deliberation lol, but when you simply can't get a part, '3-D,' is a method worthy of consideration. I DO NOT recommend obtaining any plastic part from a 'salvage yard,' also known as (AKA) a 'junk yard.' Anything USED in plastic is indeed JUNK. :)

Take care P.R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts