Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP!!!
2007 pontiac g6 gt 3.5l
I had what was a small leak on my front driver's side under where I thought the radiator reservoir was, changed the reservoir and that fixed that. But the leak moved to the passenger side of my car so I figured it was the water pump, swapped that out with a new one and now 24 hours after putting the new water pump in the leak has moved back to the drivers side, except this time puddle size leakage.
I'm going to replace the thermostat as well. But does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or how I could solve it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Since the coolant crossover gasket leak is very common on the 3.5V6, I would double check that. But it is on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I checked out the crossover and it was fine. It turns out that the tee from the reservoir, heater, and water pump was cracked due to pressure, I replaced that and it was an easy $3 fix who woulda knew. I'm still glad I changed all the other parts tho because i bought the car used at 150k miles so I'm sure it needed the TLC. Just glad the leak is fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
HELP!!!
2007 pontiac g6 gt 3.5l
I had what was a small leak on my front driver's side under where I thought the radiator reservoir was, changed the reservoir and that fixed that. But the leak moved to the passenger side of my car so I figured it was the water pump, swapped that out with a new one and now 24 hours after putting the new water pump in the leak has moved back to the drivers side, except this time puddle size leakage.
I'm going to replace the thermostat as well. But does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or how I could solve it.
Had the same problem about a month ago. You can't see that the "T" is cracked until you remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts