Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OEM battery connectors just won't tighten up. I've had this problem several times, and it causes them to corrode. I clean them, put them back on, but they just don't seem to tighten, thus, causing them to corrode again. Anyone else ever have this problem, and if replaced, any recommendations on the type you used. PS: It's always the ground side. Thanks for any input.

B

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not a commonly found part, but did you try a parts store for battery post "shims"? That or replace the cable end. Some suppliers have ones that are clamp with a 6" cable with connection to splice to the end of the original cable after cutting. Even our local Walmart auto dept. has them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The OEM battery connectors just won't tighten up. I've had this problem several times, and it causes them to corrode. I clean them, put them back on, but they just don't seem to tighten, thus, causing them to corrode again. Anyone else ever have this problem, and if replaced, any recommendations on the type you used. PS: It's always the ground side. Thanks for any input.

B
I like to make my own battery terminal spacers. I just get an old lead wheel weight and hammer it flat and thin, cut it to size with scissors, clean the battery terminal and the original cable terminal and scotchbrite the new hammered out spacer and install.

If you don’t have a lead wheel weight… and since I've never been a fisherman, I just pop into the service area of any tire shop and ask if I can have a few!
G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts