Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to hook up an after market radio in my 2005 pontiac g6. I got this harness for it

And forgive me as I am not informed on anything electrical. But I connected all the other colors up right to the aftermarket radios harness. But I don't know where the red wire goes to on the car.

That's the power wire right that will power the radio. So my question is can I cut the red wire in the cars harness and tie that wire to this seperate red wire and plug that to the aftermarket radio? That red wire in the cars harness is the 12 V power wire right? Thank you all very much for helping me I have been watching so many videos and reading so many things but I can't find anything on this because all the videos are for like 2007 or 2010 which doesn't have the same wires

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your looking to keep your information center such as oil life and fuel range I would recommend the PAK rpk4-gm2301. it is more expensive at $199 on amazon but you will not have to cut any wires keeping the original harness in tack if you plan on keeping the radio for a different car. The item also comes with a wire diagram to properly connect any wires without trouble. If you have any other questions feel free to email me at [email protected].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts