Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I thought I'd try this and see if it helps any.

I have a 2009 G6, 4 cyclinder, 6 speed with 144k miles.

On the way home from work today my stabilitrack light and my anti theft light came on. At one point my speedometer needled jumped up and down but I didn't feel any change in power. The car still ran fine.

When I pulled in the driveway, I turned off the car for a bit, turned it back on and the lights were still on.

Electrical work is not my forte. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the battery last night but it didn't fix the problem.

Just now almost every light was flashing on the dash and where the mileage is, it just said error and the speedometer was jumping up and down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check engine light is not on until everything starts flashing

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are seeing the same exact issue. Trying to figure it out. We told anything from an alternator problem to instrument cluster problem that needed to be reprogrammed. None of what we were told was from a mechanic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are seeing the same exact issue. Trying to figure it out. We told anything from an alternator problem to instrument cluster problem that needed to be reprogrammed. None of what we were told was from a mechanic.
Recently it all happened again. Same lights came on but this time I lost power to my wheels. Like the transmission wasn't engaged. I pulled over and shut the car off, turned it back on and was able to get home.

Its been about a month now with no issues. I did see another thread where the OP said it only happened to him during winter/spring and fall/winter season changes.

Last night my headlights went out so i turned on the brights and those went out too. Turned the car off and back on and the high beams worked again.

Combine that with the low beams wire harness melting a couple times a year. This car is driving me crazy. Thinking about selling it and buying a cheap used car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had some people tell me they think the ECM is bad, but that usually brings engine troubles, which i havent had any. It's all electric.

·
Registered
343 Posts
it is a long shot, but it may be worth checking the battery -> ground lead. These have a tendency to rot causing weird power issues. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tested the battery and alternator. Both were perfect. Also took all grounds off and sanded them a bit.

Check both low beam bulbs and they were both blown. Weird that they both went out within two weeks of each other. No melted harness this time.

Cars been running fine for the last couple weeks but the check engine light comes and goes. Haven't had a chance to check the code yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts