Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed option 3 and FPU. when test driving, there's a whistling noice coming from the intake after 3000rpm. any one with the same problems and knows how to get it right?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Make sure you have each coupler on correctly. Since there isn't a CEL it could be before the MAF. Take the car out for a few WOT launches to make sure no CEL's appear. It could be possible that the whistling you are hearing is all the air that is getting sucked into the intake since it can breathe a lot more easier.

I'm sure Lampoon will help you soon.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
sounds like its just air leaking if its a whistling...double check all connections and if there are any tears in it

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked every connection and took pix and send em to lampoon. he told me every connection looked fine...

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
get someone to rev while u locate the leak then / where the sound is coming from

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried, but the engine noice is too big under pedal and can't be sure. either is from the connection between vapor line and the silicon pipe, or from the cone filter.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
if you cant pin point the same noise you can hear during normal driving...with the hood up...someone else should do the listening...you may have hearing loss, or just didnt try hard enough...or something else is wrong with your 6 that is making other things too loud.

something that loud ( you can hear during driving ) you should be able to find.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you cant pin point the same noise you can hear during normal driving...with the hood up...someone else should do the listening...you may have hearing loss, or just didnt try hard enough...or something else is wrong with your 6 that is making other things too loud.

something that loud ( you can hear during driving ) you should be able to find.
well, in fact i can. because when inside the car, most of the noices from the engine bay are filtered. however the whistling is of quite high frequency. that's why i can hear that whistling more clearly inside the car.
anyway, lampoon just told me it was the filter. well, at least it was not leaking...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yea, I don't think thats a problem. Mine does it too, and I kinda like it haha. It sounds like you're blowing through one of those big bendy straws if it's the same noise. Usually if I turn the stereo up I can't hear it too much.

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
I have the same whistle under acceleration (again).I say again because because I had the exhaust replaced once for the same whistle under warranty,before I installed the CRABs.You may want to have it checked by GM,mine is going back to be checked again real soon.By the way I never heard the whistle in the engine bay and re tighten all the couplers so I am reasonably certain it is exhaust again.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Its the filter. Brand new sealed K&N. About half of them whistle.
Of those that do some whistle allot and some barely do.

Attitude toward it runs the spectrum. Some love it and some hate it....
Lots dont care.

I may just start carrying the AEM paper filter instead of the K&N.
I really like the cleaning aspect of the K&N and it does a real good job....
but I also want to make people happy.

maybe I could make it a choice. AEM paper filter or K&N Whistle Filter.

uugghhhh.....

If you want to replace the filter order a AEM-21-203DK.

You can substitute any 3" flanged filter that is less than 6" in length
(so it fits in the CAB).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts