Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT and I am hoping to get some more power out of it. I have read that the CRAB intake is good, but I have a few concerns. For starters, can I install the CRAB intake even though my hood doesn't have scoops? Second if i can get it, how difficult would it be to install myself? I'm only 17 so I don't know how competent I will be. Can someone shed some light on my concerns.

· Registered
130 Posts
well i know one answer bc EVERYONE asks it.
a CRAB will fit under a stock hood. it was designed for a g6. :)

and i dont think it should be too difficult if u have sum basic knoledge, but give it a lil while and the one and only pooners will answer ur questions and put ur concerns to bed. he's good. and he's also the guy who does CRABS.

:D

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Stay away from Crabs....They itch!

can I install the CRAB intake even though my hood doesn't have scoops?
You bet. The current CRAB was designed for the G6 WITHOUT the
MPD Ram Air Hood. The great thing is, Eric over at MPD, altered his
ram air hoods air dump to work in conjunction with the CRAB.
So its now the same intake. With hood or without the Cold Ram Air Box
works like a champ.

...how difficult would it be to install myself?
Install guide

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lampoon. Getting CRABs will definitely be my next project after I apply overlays to my head/tail lights (and once I get some more money::D:) It doesn't seem too hard, Ill probably ask my grandpa help me out while installing it, so it shouldn't be too bad.

· Taken by G.M. again
48 Posts
Naaaaa....

The others would not be propper for public views. You can find her on last years south beach wet t-shirt contest....Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.