Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im looking to put in a CRAB intake on my g6..http://www.crabintakes.com/products.html...I have a few clarification questions regarding options 3 and FPU.....does option 3 include a new pipe or do you have to use the factory pipe? For option FPU does that jus include a new intake pipe? Does option FPU increase performance of the intake or is it just for looks? thanks

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
lol his site has always been hard to understand. and not very clear

i had this issue as well.

anyway, i think the confusion starts with the name....intake....so yes options are what the pictures show.

1 - just the bracket / heat shield
2 - attachment to attach to after market filter w/ 3inch iirc??
3 - comes with a good k&n filter ( best for g6 or something)
4 - fpu, not only shiny but also 3inch instead of stock 2.7 and no dumb bends like for dip stick

go all out or go home imo

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just to clarify
2 - coupler, and heat shield. No filter, no front pipe
3 - comes with filter, coupler, and heat shield (everything but front pipe)
FPU/4 -Only includes the front pipe. Filter, heat shield, and coupler not included

At a minimum get O3, unless you already have a cone filter. It is a great choice, I love mine. The sound alone is worth the cost, and you get some added power as a bonus.
The FPU increases the airflow, and therefore makes more air available to the engine, which should increase power, and it looks great too

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,353 Posts
Option #2 does include everything from option 1.
Just look at the pictures of what it shows with what option.

I am not a vendor here so please inquire from the website's email.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i were to order right now would I order option 2 and FPU or would i get 3 and FPU...doesnt both 3 and FPU include a cone filter?

·
!
127 Posts
The web site seams clear as mud to me.

Each choice has a description of what you get, and a picture in case you can't read.

Unless you have a cone filter already you would want option 3 and the FPU to get the whole setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts