Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my main question is will just the CRAB box fit in the 2.4L? and im pretty positive i already know the answer but theres no crab intake for the 2.4 right?

·
Registered
474 Posts
There is not. Mainly because the 2.4l doesn't do the best with the extra air without a tune.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is not. Mainly because the 2.4l doesn't do the best with the extra air without a tune.
I figured that. Which brings me to my other question when I do get the tune and get a CAI will I be able to use just the crab air box and will it bolt in?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
I believe the Crab Convertible cab may fit the 2.4 liter.
Both have the same sized engine dampner & comparible compartment.

You would have to fab up the pipe going to it though....

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making the pipe work would be fine with me. Just as long as the cab would work. :cool:

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5,348 Posts
Ive sent this to several who have asked in the past
and I havent gotten any return info...

Snap some pix of the attachment area so I can see if the anchor point is there.
If so Im pretty sure a vert cab would fit...

·
Registered
45 Posts
How does Crabs compare to K&M for a G6 GT? Is there any significant benefit? I see a lot of people happy with Crabs but my friend who doesn't own a G6 swears by K&M. Is the Crabs o3 all I need? Don't see the significance in the FPU.

·
5,348 Posts
Crabs uses a K&N filter.

The FPU is a Front Pipe Upgrade. It removes the squeeze your stock 90 has by the TBI
and it removes the indent your stocker has up front not to mention the dipstick indent. It replaces that with a true mandrel bent 3" system that allow 24% more air to flow over your stock pipe.
Remember the air can only flow at the rate the smallest point (choke point) will allow.

Significant? I'd say so. It improves your low end torque.

Your right in that you dont need it. Its more for people who want to get everything they possibly can from an intake.

The cab difference between the K&N and Crabs can be seen here
(a member here who bought the K&N then replaced it with a Crab):

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31649&postcount=57

..but get a K&N intake if you want. Prolly less grief from your friend.
Besides...You dont want him telling everyone you have Crabs! lololol

PS.- Im assuming your reference to K&M meant K&N...?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Lampoon, Sorry I got swamped with work and just completely forgot about getting some close up shots. Tomorrow when there is good light I'll snap some close up shots and get you a good idea, I'll even get a tape measure in there for a better idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts