Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I want to upgrade my car's exhaust and intake for a nicer sound. I know both of these items have nothing but positive reviews and I was wondering which I should buy first? At this very moment I have roughly $300 to spend. The GTR is $700 plus shipping and Option 3 CRABS is $175. Should I save up to get the GTR or go ahead and get an STD? I can't decide and would like some help :) Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
331 Posts
(chanting) STD'S!!! STD'S!!! STD'S!!! STD'S!!! (end chant)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I started off with CRABs Option 3, it made a world of difference to my '05 G6. The intake will make a difference now and later when you add the GT-R. Also by the time you saved up enough for a GT-R they might just be doing another batch.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I personally went with the crabs option 03 and FPU, was a little over 350 all together and I can notice a night and day difference, not to mention the growl. GT-R is sometime I would def save up for - figure 700 on system, 100 to ship (roughly), 100 for valance and then cost to install. Let us know what you decide! :)

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
GT-R can get expensive. I'd stick with the CRABS option since it's cheaper and will most likely give you more roar from the engine and more torque. Like StLouisDave said, the GT-R is around $700 alone, then you have shipping, a dual valance if you got the dual output, and then installation fees if you don't know how to install it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like you guys have convinced me to go with CRABS first, so next question! Is the FPU worth it or is stock perfectly fine? $150 seems a little high for a pipe but I know nothing about it haha

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well it looks like you guys have convinced me to go with CRABS first, so next question! Is the FPU worth it or is stock perfectly fine? $150 seems a little high for a pipe but I know nothing about it haha
Yah it's worth it. Lot bigger pipe, no indent around the dip stick. Plus it looks 50 times better.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Most of your performance gains will be from the drop-in filter and heat shield from option 3. CAI is a decent investment, but not required. I ran option 3 for about a year with stock piping with no issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts