Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering how Lampoons Crab intake compares with the K&N's 69 Series Typhoon intake that is on sumitracing?

I have seen more people with Crabs and I bet that is the better choice, but i am just curious?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah i know I LOVE the look of the Crab intake, but i was just wondering performance wise what the comparison was. I plan on buying the crab intake. I've read everyone here loves it but the Typhoon showed a dyno increase of 5.22 HP @ 5100 rpm. I was just wondering if anyone had a before and after dyno or anything.

EDIT: Sorry, im an idiot haha. I looked those pictures for like 2 seconds and didn't really pay attention.. I'm definitely going with crabs, that typhoon heat shield looks so crappy.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Id say crabs just because of the dimensions and the maker is an active forumer and good guy.

After that said...people toss around A LOT of numbers...but every time I see a dyno sheet pop up...people have exhaust, intake and other mods and see VERY LITTLE over stock...like 5 hp lol....while many of these mods alone claim 10 them selves.

I do love the rawr of the crabs tho, do it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that is very true about the dyno sheets.. I have seen that also on some videos on youtube. As for the rawr, it sounds awesome. I was going to go with crabs to begin with I just wanted to be a little educated on both. As for the Typhoon, I did some more reading and I couldnt go with it anyways, they dont make it for the 3.6L

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Haha guess ur sold eh!

You wont regret it.

Even if all performance gains are all in my head...the sound it makes alone is worth it. Really hear it rawr now....I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts