Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got a issue with my 06 GTP. I notice the other day that my muffler has a drip that forms a puddle. i got down underneath and seen a crack. Is this something i have to be worried about now or later.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Hey guys i got a issue with my 06 GTP. I notice the other day that my muffler has a drip that forms a puddle. i got down underneath and seen a crack. Is this something i have to be worried about now or later.
If where you live has emission inspection requirements it may cause you to fail emissions. However I don't think it's a real big deal other than that unless it starts cracking more or lets fumes into the car (obviously).

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was just making sure that it was going to hurt the G6 before i get a performance exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dubl D

Take a look to ensure that the moisture is coming from the crack. Almost all cars have a drain hole to allow moisture to escape. Also GM mufflers are stainless steel (low grade) and usually the outer layer cracks a few years before the inner layer does. If this explains the drip, you're probably good for quite a while. If the moisture is coming out of the crack, then your muffler is on it's way out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.