Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I heard a loud sound coming from my car whenever I step on the gas, (2007 G6) and I took it to my local monroe muffler shop and they said the flex pipe in the front end is cracked and they can repair it for $160.

I asked them if it was the part connecting to the catalytic converter and they said yes, but since the converter did not fail (only has a rusted area in the pipe) it would not be covered for warranry repair. I was just wondering if that is true or not, and if it would not be covered, I was wondering is $160 a fair price for repair?

-UPDATE:
I got an email back from a craigs list repair person. They quoted me $100. They also do muffler installs, so I am sure if they do muffler installs they should be able to do a decent repair or could I be wrong?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Maybe give your dealer a call and ask to see if that's covered. It's up in the air but it could be covered still. Worth checking out

·
Registered
317 Posts
is it like a crackling noise or rattle? cause i have that and i was told it was my heat shield; also i was told i have a leak in my exhaust...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I heard a loud sound coming from my car whenever I step on the gas, (2007 G6) and I took it to my local monroe muffler shop and they said the flex pipe in the front end is cracked and they can repair it for $160.

I asked them if it was the part connecting to the catalytic converter and they said yes, but since the converter did not fail (only has a rusted area in the pipe) it would not be covered for warranry repair. I was just wondering if that is true or not, and if it would not be covered, I was wondering is $160 a fair price for repair?

-UPDATE:
I got an email back from a craigs list repair person. They quoted me $100. They also do muffler installs, so I am sure if they do muffler installs they should be able to do a decent repair or could I be wrong?
$160 is not bad for a down flex pipe installed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts