Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
black 2008 g6 sedan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the story.I have a 2008 g6 base v6 3.5. it has 77,000 on it. I let my sister use it to go to store. She calls me saying somthings wrong that the serptine belt was throwed off. upon inspection the a/c compresser was laying loose.. got to lookin closer.. the bottom nut was gone and the top bracket that holds the compresser was broken.. called the dealership.. they looked it up and said it was not coverd under warrenty. it was considered non drivetrain so it doesnt cover under the 100,000 mile deive train warenty.. i was like well it wont run without it.. still they didnt budge.. cose i was quoted was 225 for labor and 30 for the part and it was going to take 2 weeks to fix it.. found the part online .. but i still had the problem of getting the car home.. and im not paying 80 dollers to tow it home so . with me being a wrencher at work and home . and the part is not warrenty i got the part off myself and drilled small holes and used liquid steel to remake the bracket to hold long enough to get home .. i put it all back together and it worked.. now i got it home when the new part comes in ill change it out. has anyone else had this happend?:mad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts