Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a 2007 G6 convertible from a used car dealer. Before purchasing, I took it to three mechanics who all said it need the front rotors replaced and had an oil leak in the crankshaft area. After waiting hours for their mechanic to look at it and the manager to approve it, they agreed to replace the front rotors and the crankshaft.

Since they didn't have the parts, I purchased the car but got a "We Owe" slip saying 1 crankshaft and replace front rotors. I just spoke with the service department to schedule it. The manager claimed there must be a mistake as they'd never agree to replace the crankshaft since it's a four day job and cost too much. He's saying they must have meant something else. I have the paper saying a crankshaft. Any thoughts on are they likely to be trying to rip me off?

Sincerely,
Denise (Numbie)

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Hi,

Just bought a 2007 G6 convertible from a used car dealer. Before purchasing, I took it to three mechanics who all said it need the front rotors replaced and had an oil leak in the crankshaft area. After waiting hours for their mechanic to look at it and the manager to approve it, they agreed to replace the front rotors and the crankshaft.

Since they didn't have the parts, I purchased the car but got a "We Owe" slip saying 1 crankshaft and replace front rotors. I just spoke with the service department to schedule it. The manager claimed there must be a mistake as they'd never agree to replace the crankshaft since it's a four day job and cost too much. He's saying they must have meant something else. I have the paper saying a crankshaft. Any thoughts on are they likely to be trying to rip me off?
Repairing an "oil leak in the crankshaft area" and "replace[ing] the crankshaft" are worlds apart. The latter requires tearing the motor down to its core - not something folks would do on a daily driver. Try explaining to them that it's an "oil leak in the crankshaft area" and see if maybe they don't come around.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts