Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put factory cruise and remote radio controls in my G6. It looks like the factory wiring is there just need steering wheel, ext. harness, cruise buttons and radio buttons. Has anyone tried doing this?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I pulled a part the steering column and found the wiring leading into the clock-spring. All I would need to complete the job is the steering wheel, extension harness that plugs into the clock-spring, controller interface buttons(cruise and radio) and the silver covers. Before I'll do this, I want to confirm that the wiring also runs into the BCM. I also do not believe that the BCM needs reprogramming but I am not 100% sure. I didn't want to be the guinea pig on this and was hoping that someone already had done this.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Did you look on the airbag side of the coil or did u pull the top of the column and
look at the back side? How many wires were in that molex harness?

What year is your G6?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2006 sedan with a 2.4 4cyl. I only investigated the molex connector on the clock-spring and found there were 8 pins. I plan on doing a point to point check with a volt meter from the clock-spring to the BCM. If everything checks out then there should be no problem.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Top cover pops up on the corners. Then pull out your harness and snap a pix of it.

Here is an example of one without the correct number of wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.