Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Pontiac G6. As I was driving to work I noticed the cruise control didn't work. I was a little worried... The next day I noticed that the brake lights go on when the gas pedal is pressed and they go off if the brake pedal is pressed. And the final thing I have to step brake pedal hard to put the car in drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this something that is covered under the warranty? Anyone know anything about this?

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
It may be your brake switch is bad. I can't tell you how to fix it but other may or let a shop do it.
It the brake switch is bad your cruise control will not work.

· Registered
8 Posts
Any resolution to this? My car did the same thing yesterday. When I started my car, I hit the brake to shift and it made a noise that sounded like the ABS kicking in. I could see from a reflection that my brake lights weren't turning on when I touched the brake, but would when I pushed it in pretty far. When I pushed it in pretty far, then I could shift into drive. On the ride home the cruise wouldn't work. Multiple trips last night, the same thing, but this morning, nothing. Any results would be great. Thanks.

· Registered
1 Posts
Brakes..

It's actually quite funny how this is working out.. I own a 2006 g6 and I am experiencing some issues with my brakes. When you are trying to put the car into drive it requires a tremendous amount of force to move the gear shift (feels like you're going to put your foot through the floor), and the brake lights are constantly illuminated and go out when the brake pedal is pressed. I was searching around online and found that there is a recall out for the 2006 G6 for this exact problem, when I contacted GM I was told that I would have to take my car into the nearest dealer for it to be fixed (which I did). When I brought my car to the dealer they told me that they would not fix it because the car was only recalled in the US and had only made it to a bulletin in Canada and that I would have to pay to have my problem fixed..

Don't you think that if there is a problem with this car and if I'm experiencing the exact problem the car was recalled for (in the US, which shouldnt make a difference) it should be recalled and fixed for everybody because it is obviously a problem that does not exist only in the US.

· Registered
911 Posts
yeah my dealer said the same thing fixmyg6, i just had my brake lamp switch replaced. turned out to be like 120 bucks for everything but i also had a nail or screw pulled out of a tired and had them patch that up too so it'll be cheaper than that for just the switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.