Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel going into this that this question is as old as time, but I figured I'd ask anyways.
2008 G6. I've had this issue off and on for about 3 years now. All of a sudden my cruise control will just stop working -- I then later find out when it stops working my brake light is on. So, I hit the breaks which disengages the brake light, I re-enable the cruise and the cycle continues.
I've replaced the buttons, shop has replaced the switch, I've greased the heck out of the connector (which solved it for ~1 year) but it is back again.
A quick Google search shows some information about a recall about this exact thing, but my local GM dealer says there are no recalls for my car.
Thoughts? How did you solve this?
Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a recent recall for it. I dont know when you talked to your dealer, but i received recall paper in the mail the other day. no word from GM about when they will be able to fix the problem though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had the same issue about two years ago. My battery was old at the time and on cold mornings - I live in Canada - was when it happened. I normally had to pull over, turn my car off then back on to reengage the cruise control.
That's a possibility, but with your situation I'd bet good money on it being the recall. I got the notice in early-June, but Transport Canada has had a product recall on that issue for more than three years so it's been a fairly common problem. GM has been sending out letters, but since it's such a large recall you likely won't get the part for another month or three. If you call a dealership or GM, they might be able to help you out since it's been a recurring issue for you.
It sounds like you've also spent money trying to fix it, so if you still have the receipts they should reimburse you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi there,

We'd be glad to check your VIN for any recalls that may be associated with your vehicle. If you'd like our assistance, please send us a PM here on the site with your VIN.

Thank you,
Andraya
GM Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts