Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
push the on/off button to turn the system on. the orange light will glow when it's on.

when you get to the speed you want to maintain, push down the "- SET" button to set the speed. a green symbol representing a speedometer will light up in the gauges. i believe it is in the tachometer. you're then cruising.

·
Registered
10 Posts
does anyone else notice that when going downhill, it wont brake? ill be going like 5 mph over what i set the cruise too, thatll be a big deal if i get a ticket!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Our cruise control does not apply the brakes, it is an acceleration only thing. There are systems out there that can apply the brakes but are only avalible on very expensive German and Japanese luxury cars. If the grade gets very steep the cruise will sometimes downshift, but not all the time. The logic involved is very complicated.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine does the same. However, my mothers Avalance and my Nissan Xterra that I traded does not/did not have this problem. They keep/kept a consistent speed going up or down hill.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Robyn P said:
Mine does the same. However, my mothers Avalance and my Nissan Xterra that I traded does not/did not have this problem. They keep/kept a consistent speed going up or down hill.
Those are also much larger vehicles that probably need a bigger slope in order for gravity to accel them down it. When you car is lighter (and more aerodynamic) gravity will accelerate it down a hill easier.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bjornboy81 said:
Those are also much larger vehicles that probably need a bigger slope in order for gravity to accel them down it. When you car is lighter (and more aerodynamic) gravity will accelerate it down a hill easier.

I guess I should have stated I have not noticed any other cars doing this other than the G6. I've had a 97 Calvalier RS, 99 Grand Am GT, 00 Maxima, and 02 Xterra. All had cruise control, never noticed the speeding up until I got the G6. I have actually felt the breaking in some of them. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Robyn P said:
I guess I should have stated I have not noticed any other cars doing this other than the G6. I've had a 97 Calvalier RS, 99 Grand Am GT, 00 Maxima, and 02 Xterra. All had cruise control, never noticed the speeding up until I got the G6. I have actually felt the breaking in some of them. :)
Probably due to gearing differences.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Depending on the size of the hill, my GA speeds up a tad. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts