Pontiac G6 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
PCM on the 2.4s isn't picky, same PCM they use on some Cobalts and they have no problem running huge amounts of power

Cruisin, still jealous you have the ecotec, if I had to do it all over again I would've picked up a G6 with one and threw the TVS on it...
That's funny, at first I hated having the "slow" G6 but then it grew on me and I learned a great deal about the engine. I've been thinking about the TVS again lately too. they can put out some good power provided I get new rods and pistons... and probably a crank wouldn't be a bad idea ha.

I was looking at putting the cobalt 2.0 Turbo engine internals into mine. Those have a forged crank and better rods. It'll turn my engine into a 2.1

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
What are you running Shibby?

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's funny, at first I hated having the "slow" G6 but then it grew on me and I learned a great deal about the engine. I've been thinking about the TVS again lately too. they can put out some good power provided I get new rods and pistons... and probably a crank wouldn't be a bad idea ha.

I was looking at putting the cobalt 2.0 Turbo engine internals into mine. Those have a forged crank and better rods. It'll turn my engine into a 2.1
That would be sick, I'm just going to end up being super jealous whatever you decide on... Im just stuck on the LX9 unless I wanna run a stand alone, but that's a whole different game

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Dang, yea I'm kind of glad I don't have the V6, makes buying the slow one worth it haha.
One day I'll decide which way I'll be going with the engine and it'll be fun as hell ha.

There'a good chance I'll be doing a manual swap in the process, because race car. lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Okay, so I got a few minor mods coming up.
I ordered a new set of DDM HIDs as my full sized ones have started having ballast issues, and my replacement ballast is a piece of crap. I also FINALLY got the extra harness, should have done that in the first place.
I also get new bulbs for my fogs as one burned out :mad:

I also ordered a 5 panel wink mirror so I can see EVERYTHING:

This left me with a problem, Obviously my stock mirror is being removed, and so are my OnStar buttons. So a little bit of research revealed the Cadillac Catera had an OnStar button setup that mounted to the windshield from the looks of it. So I scooped one up off ebay.

I originally thought about hacking apart the buttons from my mirror or something else and building them into the panel between the map lights.
But I figure I can tuck this thing right up to the edge in the center of the window and it should look fairly OEM, I'm hoping the color matches my interior pretty darn close.

I looked up the wiring diagrams from my car, and the Catera, and although the wires are different colors, they all hook up exactly the same. All buttons have the same resistor values and will interface with the Module exactly as it should. So that should work out fairly easily.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I want to see that mirror installed.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
So the mirror is crudely installed right now as I've been testing to see how I like it. It's not bad but it takes some getting used to. I'm planning on remounting it soon so I can put my visors back up and not have it look all crappy.

I also finally painted my rear calipers and installed my inch wheel spacers, as well as dropped my intake down. So glad winter is finally over with!
I added some Pontiac Decals to my front calipers so I could see how the vinyl holds up to heat and abuse. If they do the trick then I may repaint the fronts and stick some nice decals on there. My buddy suggested I put some kind of crude phrase in the Pontiac font, so people have to double take when they see it ha.

On another note, I also posted this on the G6P site, but my buddy has been trying to push me into a manual swap before I try to build any power, what do you guys think?
I provided more details on G6P as it seems more performance oriented ha.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
So when I first got the car I noticed occasionally the windows wouldn't work. I did eventually blow the slow blow power window fuse and replaced it and no issues. But recently my power windows never wanted to work, until I opened my door then they would suddenly work. Figured out it has to be the connection to the door in the jamb somewhere.

Here's a video to give you an idea of what it was doing. This is probably the best example I could get.

So last weekend I decided to unplug the connector in the door and look what I found:

See that pin at the top left, looks a little burned, and out of place and the plastic around it looks a little melted, must have gotten hot, perhaps a poor connection I couldn't see any real corrosion on it, nor on the other side of the plug.
But I'm pretty sure that pin is the 12v power going to the window switch that supplies the motor and the entire switch assembly. It connected to a large gauge wire that was either blue or yellow (don't remember) and the wiring diagram confirms that's all window power.
But I sprayed em down with electronics cleaner, let it dry then greased it with dielectric grease and so far all is absolutely perfect.

Oh by the way, Dielectric grease comes in a can now and it's perfect for applying anywhere.

Even with the little applicator, I did several connectors and no mess! :D

So far not a single issue!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Lately I've been messing with my camera and since I work late I tried some long exposure pics at 3:30 in the morning.
So I shot the one below in front of my house where I normally park.
The only light source is a street light about 20 feet behind me (the camera)
I had the shutter open for 15 seconds and I think it got a nice balance.

I'm still a noob with my camera, it's settings and RAW editing but I think things are coming along well. Practice makes perfect after all!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Nice pic. Especially like the visible stars in the sky above the trees.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Canon T3i. Like, a step or two above beginner's camera. And I modded the software on it to gain more features and settings lol

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Nice. Well if its not modded, its not really yours ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
241 - 260 of 283 Posts