Pontiac G6 Forum banner

281 - 283 of 283 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Since none of your Photobucket stuff works, any chance you might be able to re-provide details of your 'puddle lights'? I am curious which LEDs you purchased - and of course, how best to wire it up to the dome circuit. Having some solid examples like your would help me figure out what I'm doing. :)

Thanks!
I think I originally used some cheapo led strips off amazon or ebay, and they quickly failed after some weathering.
I then found strips that are meant to handle that kind of abuse for oznium I belive.
These "Beefy" led strips: https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/beefy-led-strip
It looks like they don't offer many colors with those anymore, but it also looks like they have a newer thinner product that'll work better.
Which is good because I installed mine fairly close to the pinch welds and they didn't last over time with the car getting jacked up here and there.

IIRC the wiring was simple, a constant wire to 12v+ and the ground was connected to a brown wire coming from the BCM, that wire does the whole dimming feature with the interior lights. It was from the center connector, I'd have to go back and do some probing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
IIRC the wiring was simple, a constant wire to 12v+ and the ground was connected to a brown wire coming from the BCM, that wire does the whole dimming feature with the interior lights. It was from the center connector, I'd have to go back and do some probing.
Please forgive me, I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to :)

You ran wire from the LED lights to ... where in the car, physically? Are you splicing wires? Adding fuses? Do you know of any super-basic and heavily-documented examples of custom wiring I can use to get on the same page? Without it, I can't tell if you're somehow running a wire all the way up to the domes themselves, or some other 'simple' method.

I sincerely appreciate your help. I just need some groundwork.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Please forgive me, I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to :)

You ran wire from the LED lights to ... where in the car, physically? Are you splicing wires? Adding fuses? Do you know of any super-basic and heavily-documented examples of custom wiring I can use to get on the same page? Without it, I can't tell if you're somehow running a wire all the way up to the domes themselves, or some other 'simple' method.

I sincerely appreciate your help. I just need some groundwork.
I ran the wires from the strips into the car where the interior fuse box and BCM is located.
I used a fuse tap, tapped the dome light fuse for my constant 12v positive feed.
and the negative wire off the strip was tapped into that brown wire coming out of the BCM connector, that wire required splicing.

I unfortunately don't have the pics anymore of my install, and after the LEDs failed I just yanked it all out of the car

281 - 283 of 283 Posts