Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Is this just a one-time thing or something to mass-produce? I think it would be hard to create something better than the AIT bumper since it is based off the prototype G6/G8 model and fits the body better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this just a one-time thing or something to mass-produce? I think it would be hard to create something better than the AIT bumper since it is based off the prototype G6/G8 model and fits the body better.
We work well with Norbe at AIT and I agree that that kit is very nice. It does have a very pontiac look, however we are not necessarily committed to that look. We tend to mix things up a little. This kit will be a one off, however, we will be showing the build which will be watched by a bodykit manufacturer...that may have us design something similar for mass reproduction. this is why forum members input would be helpful...open to suggestions as we will have a few test fit pics coming very soon

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
not a big fan of the lip kit, But a wide body kit would be AWESOME! Really anything to widen the stance of my G6 would be great.

I like the AIT kit, but only the side skirts and rear bumper. Personally I don't like the front bumper too much, I like my stock one the way it is haha

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I don't care for lip kits either. The main thing I loved about the AIT bumper was that it was shorter than the stock bumper (at the cost of removing the absorber). It made the bumper look less like a nose. If you get some pictures then I could weigh my opinion on what I think looks best.

(You could also post this over at g6performance.com for more opinions too)

·
Registered
331 Posts
USE URETHANE!!!! fiberglass sucks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just confirmed the G6 is showing up at the shop tomorrow for a quick check of fitment. Pics will be uploaded as soon as we take them for the forum to give us some input

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
just confirmed the G6 is showing up at the shop tomorrow for a quick check of fitment. Pics will be uploaded as soon as we take them for the forum to give us some input
Awesome

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I want that Roush kit. Ohhh man... I just a few little tweaks in mind for it. But it's damn pretty

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
We work well with Norbe at AIT and I agree that that kit is very nice. It does have a very pontiac look, however we are not necessarily committed to that look. We tend to mix things up a little. This kit will be a one off, however, we will be showing the build which will be watched by a bodykit manufacturer...that may have us design something similar for mass reproduction. this is why forum members input would be helpful...open to suggestions as we will have a few test fit pics coming very soon

So essentially our ideas will produce a one off kit that a manufacturer may put into production.

So then someone would have to put down money to make the kit and in turn own the kit? or we just wait until it's produced for purchase?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont know exactly what this is about but all I have to say is that they should make a more "round looking" front bumper so it wont look so long, and not so pointy looking like the AIT bumper it makes the G6 look like a weird looking grand prix, I think it would look awesome if it looks more like a G8 with the grill like the G6 2009.5

1 - 15 of 15 Posts