Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a custom intake and was wondering if i move the maf sensor closer to the tb will i throw a cel light and run lean?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,354 Posts
airflow should be the same....the air dynamic doesnt change.
I think it would be alright. If it does then move it back.

...are you trying to shorten your intake? Most who move it put it in the quarter.

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im trying to make it as short as possible to achieve the best throttle response and low end torque ... thanks btw i aprechiate the quick response

·
5,354 Posts
He is right...there is no place to tunnel it anywhere over there
or shield it....even if you made a box off the TBI & used your small battery breather tube
(that vents off harmfull battery gases) as an air tube- its just too small.

Pop a hood on an Impala and look at how they did it on their 3.5.
It ticks me off they didnt do that for the G6.

but alas....I wish you luck! Lengthening the MAF wires has been done many times with no issues.

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@waterfowler76-im not worried about taking in hot air cause there is no place to sheild it from it anyways since the engine bay is so cramped so im just going to make it take in as much air as quickly as it can. Plus im not looking to put it into my wheel well a mile away and risk hydro lock.

@lampoon-thanks for the good wishes and it would have been nice if they put the intake where the battery was and the battery where the intake is ...

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@lampoon-yeah the same as they put it in the impala ... guess thats why they went out ...

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just a quick update i did the custom intake and now im running lean codes so when i get a chance im going to throw the stock intake back on and just leave off the resonator ... i really hate maf sensors!

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@lampoon-i was not saying there a problem with the maf its doing it job and reading that to much air is going into the engine ... thus giving me a check engine light and running lean ... i appreciate the help but you dont need to call an intake i made myself crappy thanks ... oh yeah i have a 2006 gtp with the 3.9 ...

@droptopdiamond-ill try to get a pick of it ...

·
5,354 Posts
I dont need to call an intake you made that causes CEL's crappy?
Guess our definitions of crappy differ. Ok...Ill stay out of your thread.

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@lampoon-its not crappy its just not tuned for the increase in air flow it creates ... you dont have to stay out of my threads ... just have some respect ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts