Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had been looking to get what I am calling a gentlemens exhaust for my 07 GTP.

After much searching and research I decided that the GT-R was just going to be to loud and I would not be able to sneak it past the wife, inspection here in Mass and the police. So I kept searching.

I stumbled onto MRT. They make two axle back systems for the new V6 Camaro. I really dug the sound and just how quiet inside the car their version 2.0 system is. So I figured that my 07 GTP had the same(or at least very similar)3.6 V6 so the sound should be close.

I am happy to say that I had the two MRT ver.20 mufflers and tips installed today and could not really be happier. The system is very quiet inside under load. If the stock system is a 1 out of 10 the new setup is about a 3.5-4 in terms of interior volume. Its noticeable but not at all loud and can hardly be heard with the radio on at normal(2k or less) rpms. It is about a 5 to MAYBE a 5.5 outside. 5.5 being WOT. It has a nice overall tone and is surprisingly deep for a V6.

I would highly recomend looking into MRT if you are of the mindset of doing a dual muffler setup. The two ver.2.0 muffler (304 Stainless)and two 3.5" tips with shipping was about $250 which seems fair.

I will get a video together so you cats can hear it and make your own judgements.

I would say that this is the setup for someone who wants some tone but drives a lot and does not want a ton of police attention.

http://store.mrt-direct.com/91a177.html

They do not have the mufflers listed for individual sale BUT they are in fact for sale as are the tips. Give Scott or Sergio a ring and they will hook you up. Great people with a great product. Also check out the youtube videos they have of both systems(ver.1.0 and the ver. 2.0). Both mufflers are for sale and should be about $75 each and the tips are $38 each.

next stop is crabs and then the MPD hood.
'Mike

·
Registered
460 Posts
In for vids of this setup, how does the sound compare to the camaro, I mean you're comparing apples to oranges. Camaro has direct injection, different exhaust manifolds, different pipe routing and lenght.

Very curious!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to get a video together today. I will tell you this exhaust is quiet inside. This is really for someone who wants some more performance and some tone. It is louder than stock but very quiet inside. I am curious myself to hear just how loud it is outside...which I will find out today...haha. Compared to the Camaro it is even quieter inside believe it or not. But frankly this is a sedan and not a sports car. I would liken the volume level to one of Corsas quietter systems. Again if you want a ton of interior volume you may want to change out the stock resonator and possibly use the MRT version 1 mufflers. I think the MRT Ver.1 mufflers are a bit raspy and the Ver.2 has the superior tone outside. I will work towards getting a video together later today.

'Mike

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Looking forward to hearing the video. Glad you found what you were looking for

EDIT: How was the setup done? Did they do a Y pipe?

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
this is very interesting, coming from someone who doesnt like the sound of the GTR system i love the sound of this. Probably going to seriously consider doing this, thanks for the info and im looking forward to a video

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should be able to put something together today in terms of a video. I have been starighht out at work with no time to do anything.

'Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts